The Bottom Line
- Another great performance by Don Cheadle
- An interesting, inspiring story based on true events
- Not much in the way of bonus features
- Starring Don Cheadle, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Martin Sheen
- Rated R for pervasive language and some sexual content
- DVD Release Date: October 30, 2007
Guide Review - Talk to Me DVD Review
Don Cheadle stars as Ralph Waldo 'Petey' Greene, a convict who maneuvered his way into an early release from prison. Behind bars, Petey Greene had the ability to make his fellow inmates listen. Once out of jail, Petey Greene extended his listening audience by exploding onto the radio scene as an outspoken Washington DC disc jockey. Shooting straight from the hip, Greene and his producer Dewey Hughes (Chiwetel Ejiofor) stirred up the radio scene and took the media to a whole new level.
The Bonus Features
There's a batch of deleted scenes included in the bonus material which are interesting to check out, although none would have enhanced the film if they hadn't been axed. Also included on the Talk to Me DVD is a very informative 'Who is Petey Greene?' featurette with tidbits on the real Petey Greene. And if you're into all the details on how the era was recreated, then the 'Recreating P-Town' featurette is worth a look.