The Bottom Line
- The chemistry's there between Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan
- Terrific dancing by the cast without relying on dancing doubles
- Above average collection of bonus features
- None worth noting
- 7 short deleted scenes with optional commentary by director Anne Fletcher
- Short blooper reel
- 'Making the Moves' - Go behind the scenes with this look at how the film came together
- Lots of music videos including tracks by Ciara, Chris Brown and Samantha Jade
- Audio commentary by Anne Fletcher, Channing Tatum, Jenna Dewan and choreographer Jamal Sims
- DVD Release Date: December 19, 2006
Guide Review - "Step Up" DVD Review
"Step Up" follows a hunky and talented young man named Tyler Gage (Tatum) who has to serve community service at a performing arts school after getting into trouble with his buddies. Sweeping up around school, Tyler finds himself drawn to Nora (Dewan), a beautiful and talented dancer who just happens to need a partner in order to compete. Tyler steps in and the new twosome set the dance floor on fire while also igniting a little flame of passion off the floor as well.
* * * *
I'm not normally a fan of commentary tracks that feature more than two people talking about the film, but the track on "Step Up" is actually very entertaining. Stars Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan team up with director Anne Fletcher and choreographer Jamal Sims for a commentary track that's more fun than enlightening - but definitely worth checking out.