Opening Date: May 7, 2010
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for sequences of intense sci-fi action and violence, and some language.
3. 'Iron Man 2' Filming News and Budget Info
Iron Man 2 has an estimated budget of $200 million and hits theaters on May 7, 2010. The original Iron Man had a budget of $140 million, opened to $102 over the May 2-4, 2008 weekend, and wound up generating over $570 million worldwide before exiting theaters.
4. Inside 'Iron Man 2'
- Terrence Howard was not invited back to reprise his role as Jim 'Rhodey' Rhodes. Instead, Don Cheadle was hired to take over the role and got to become War Machine in the second Iron Man film, something Howard had been looking forward to doing. (For Howard's take on events, check out this April 2009 interview: Terrence Howard on Iron Man 2)
- Mickey Rourke joined the cast as Whiplash, Scarlett Johansson plays Black Widow, and Sam Rockwell is Justin Hammer. The complete cast list: Iron Man 2 Credits
- Iron Man is based on the Marvel Comics, and the character first appeared in 1963's Tales of Suspense.
- Robert Downey Jr Interview - Robert Downey Jr on Iron Man 2 and how Tony Stark has changed since the first movie.
- Scarlett Johansson Interview - Iron Man newcomer tells what it was like joining the guys for this comic book-inspired adaptation.
- Director Jon Favreau Interview - Go behind the scenes with the man responsible for making audiences cheer for Iron Man.
- Anya Monzikova Interview - Monzikova doesn't have a huge role in Iron Man 2, but she is part of a crucial scene and she did get to help Favreau and Johansson with the Russian accent.