The Bottom Line
- Loaded with bonus features
- Michael Chiklis saves the cast commentary track
- I wasn't a huge fan of the film but it grew on me the second time around
- Commentary by Jessica Alba, Ioan Gruffudd and Michael Chiklis
- 3 deleted scenes including one with Wolverine inserted over Ioan Gruffudd's face
- Making of 'Fantastic Four': Why 2005 is the right time for the effects in "Fantastic Four"
- 'Fantastic Four' Video Diary: 20 minutes of behind the scenes footage from the press tour
- Casting Session: Stan Lee talks about each of the main actors chosen to star in "Fantastic Four"
- Making a Scene: Building a realistic looking Brooklyn Bridge for a pivotal scene
- 2 music videos and a soundtrack spot
- A very short inside look at "X-Men 3" hosted by Avi Arad
- DVD RELEASE DATE: December 6, 2005
Guide Review - "Fantastic Four" DVD Review
Radically altered by their accidental exposure to radiation, Alba can become invisible, Gruffudd can stretch to incredible lengths, Evans can set himself on fire without fear of bodily harm, and Chiklis transforms into a monstrously strong creature nicknamed The Thing. Together the group make up the Fantastic Four, fighting evil while fighting it out with each other over how best to make do with their new abilities.
DVD BONUS FEATURES
I'm a big fan of cast commentary tracks and "Fantastic Four" delivers a pretty decent one - at least parts of it are worth listening to. Although Jessica Alba starts most of her commentary with a question to Michael Chiklis or Ioan Gruffudd (or a comment on how ill she was on that day of shooting), it's still a fairly entertaining track. Chiklis in particular really does a great job of pointing out things that fans/audiences want to know, including specifics on the background items in scenes. Other high points of the bonus features include the making of a scene featurette and the man himself, Stan Lee, discussing the cast.