The Twilight Saga: Eclipse is the third film of the super popular teen vampire Twilight series and focuses on the Edward (Robert Pattinson), Bella (Kristen Stewart), and Jacob (Taylor Lautner) love triangle as well as the showdown between the Cullens and the evil vampire, Victoria (Bryce Dallas Howard), who creates an army of newborns in order to kill Bella in revenge for Edward killing her mate back in the original Twilight film. [full cast list] The most action-oriented film of the franchise thus far, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse moves the story forward and sets up the final Twilight film: Breaking Dawn.
Opening Date: June 30, 2010
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of action and violence, and some sensuality.Movie Review: Eclipse is the best of the first three Twilight films and earns 3 1/2 out of 5 stars in our review.
2. 'Eclipse' Filming News and Budget Info
The budget grew with each film of the series, with Twilight director Catherine Hardwicke struggling with just $37 million. The Twilight Saga: New Moon director Chris Weitz had slightly more to work with at $50 million, however he also had to deal with more CG effects, including the introduction of the wolves. The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, directed by David Slade (Hard Candy) has an estimated budget of $65 million.
Eclipse was shot in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Robert Pattinson ('Edward')
- Taylor Lautner ('Jacob')
- Kristen Stewart ('Bella')
- Ashley Greene ('Alice')
4. Behind the Scenes of 'Eclipse'
- Bryce Dallas Howard replaces Rachelle Lefevre as 'Victoria' in this third film of the franchise. Lefevre was released by Summit after a dispute over "availability".
- Stephenie Meyer's Eclipse was published on August 7, 2007.
- Eclipse marks the first time Summit released a film of the series in the summer. Twilight hit theaters on November 21, 2008 and New Moon followed on November 20, 2009.
- Eclipse is second film director David Slade has tackled featuring vampires. Slade previously helmed the gory, much darker vampire tale, 30 Days of Night starring Josh Hartnett and Danny Huston.