A Screamfest of DVD Bonus Features
Both the rated and unrated "Dawn of the Dead" DVDs contain exciting bonus materials that deliver a frightfest of scary fun for fans, including two original segments created especially for the DVD: "The Lost Tape," a video diary containing over 15 minutes of the last days of Andy, one of the survivors; and "Special Bulletin," increasingly grim news reports about the zombie invasions that expand the film's nightmarish storyline. Also included are nail-biting deleted scenes, "incisive" interviews, commentaries from the cast and filmmakers, and featurettes about the creation of the unforgettably gruesome zombies.
Starring Mekhi Phifer ("8 Mile," "Honey"), Sarah Polley ("Go"), Ving Rhames ("Mission: Impossible," "Pulp Fiction") and Jake Weber ("The Cell"), and directed by Zack Snyder, "Dawn of the Dead" follows a handful of survivors as they wage a desperate last stand to stay alive ... .and human ... as a mysterious virus turns people into voracious zombies who feed on the living.
The "Dawn of the Dead" DVDs include these bone-chilling extras:
* The Lost Tape: Over 15 minutes of Terrifying Footage Revealed
Chilling images from a recovered "home movie" documents Andy's last
horrific days as he battles the zombie hordes outside his gun shop -- and fights to maintain his sanity! Shot exclusively for the DVD
* Special Bulletin: Zombie Invasion! Startling news coverage includes panicked updates from the White House and scientific experts as the nation is thrown into chaos! Shot exclusively for the DVD
* Over 12 Minutes of Deleted Scenes: Pulse-pounding scenes too terrifying for the final theatrical release! With optional commentary from director Zack Snyder.
* Surviving the Dawn: Dare to Face Your Fears! A behind the screams feature with cast interviews, on-location footage and more!
* Commentary: Director Zack Snyder and producer Eric Newman offer their dead-on perspectives about making the film.
The "Dawn of the Dead Unrated Director's Cut" cranks up the terror level even higher with all of the above plus these exclusive horrifying special features:
* Splitting Headaches: Anatomy of Exploding Heads -- The gory details of
how the filmmakers made the head-kills in the film look so believable.
* Attack of the Living Dead -- Dissecting the film's most memorable zombie kills
* Raising the Dead -- An in-depth look at turning actors into undead killers
They're Dead ... Well, Dead-ish!
Heart-pounding action and bone-chilling thrills power this edgy, electrifying fright-fest starring Mekhi Phifer, Ving Rhames and Sarah Polley.
An unexplained plague has decimated the world's population and yet ... the dead aren't dying. They've become zombies stalking endlessly in a constant quest to feed on the flesh and blood of the few remaining living.
PRESS RELEASE ISSUED BY UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME VIDEO