The Bottom Line
The Coen brothers love to make George Clooney look like an idiot and with Burn After Reading they even get Brad Pitt to join in the lunacy. While Burn After Reading can't hold a candle to the Coens' Fargo, it's still an entertaining way to spend a couple of hours.
- George Clooney and Brad Pitt are hilarious
- But Frances McDormand steals this movie
- Buy/rent it for the movie itself - not the extra features
- Starring Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Frances McDormand, and John Malkovich
- Directed by Joel and Ethan Coen
- Rated R for pervasive language, some sexual content, and violence
- DVD Release Date: December 21, 2008
Guide Review - 'Burn After Reading' DVD Review
The StoryBrad Pitt plays Chad, a trainer at popular gym who, along with fellow gym employee Linda (Frances McDormand), decides the best thing to do with an unlabeled disc containing secret information is to blackmail the man who lost it. That man just happens to be a former CIA agent who's just been unceremoniously fired and is off his rocker. And being that this is a goofy movie from Joel and Ethan Coen, nothing goes right and Chad and Linda end up in trouble with just about everyone they encounter - including the Russians.