Directed by Jonathan Lynn, "The Fighting Temptations" features songs from a wide variety of music genres. Destiny's Child's Beyonce Knowles has a starring role in the film, along with a choir made up of gospel, R&B and hip-hop recording artists. Faith Evans (R & B and hip-hop), Angie Stone (soulful R & B), Melba Moore (R & B and Broadway singer), Rev. Shirley Caesar (gospel singer and pastor of her own church), The O'Jays (longtime R & B group), Montell Jordan (former R & B Def Jam recording artist), T-Bone (hip-hop and gospel artist) and Zane (hip-hop recording artist) are all seen on the film and perform on the soundtrack.
In a press release announcing the soundtrack release, Beyonce Knowles said, "Once you hear the song ["Fighting Temptation"], and all the music in this film, you can't help but fall in love with it. You'll definitely get emotional. You might become happy or even sad, but your heart will get full. All the songs are touching and spiritual, and that's what the movie itself is like."
1. "Fighting Temptation" - Beyonce, Missy Elliott, MC Lyte and Free
2. "I Know" - Destiny's Child
3. "Rain Down" - Angie Stone and Eddie Levert, Sr. (of The O'Jays)
4. "To Da River" - T-Bone, Zane and Montell Jordan
5. "I'm Getting Ready" - Ann Nesby
6. "The Stone" - Shirley Caesar and Ann Nesby
7. "Heaven Knows" - Faith Evans
8. "Fever" - Beyonce
9. "Everything I Do" - Beyonce and Bilal
10. "Loves Me Like A Rock" - The O'Jays
11. "Swing Low Sweet Chariot" - Beyonce
12. "He Still Loves Me" - Beyonce and Walter Williams, Sr. (of The O'Jays)
13. "Time To Come Home" - Beyonce, Angie Stone and Melba Moore
14. "Don't Fight The Feeling" - Solange featuring Papa Reu
15. "Summertime" - Beyonce Featuring P. Diddy
Executive Soundtrack Album Producer: Mathew Knowles
Soundtrack Album Producer: Loretha Jones
Executive Music Producers: Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis and James "Big Jim" Wright for Flyte Tyme Fylms, Inc.
Co-Executive Music Producer/Supervisor: Spring Aspers