1. Entertainment

Skyline 2 Script Treatment Done

By November 11, 2010

Skyline PhotoSkyline isn't in theaters yet, however Skyline 2's already in the works. Directors Colin and Greg Strause's alien invasion thriller is loaded with special effects but was made on an indie film budget, and if the combination works - if audiences show up in theaters - Skyline 2 is really a no-brainer. The Strause brothers, owners of special effects house Hydraulx, did Skyline without any studio interference and it's likely Skyline 2 will be done the same way - on a small budget and with the Strause brothers completely in charge.

I caught up with Skyline writer Liam O'Donnell at the world premiere of the PG-13 rated action film and he gave me the scoop on what's happening with the sequel. "I've written a treatment for Skyline 2 with Josh [Cordes]," said O'Donnell. "You know, it's very cool. We're very proud of it. It's kind of got a little bit that catches us up from the end of this movie and then goes into a completely different direction, which was the only way we really wanted to make a sequel was to do something not a rehash but bringing us way farther, twice the size, and really let our imaginations run wild."

* * * * * * *

Skyline hits theaters on November 11th and stars Donald Faison, Eric Balfour, Brittany Daniel, and Scottie Thompson.

More on Skyline:
(Photo from Skyline © Rogue Pictures)

Join Hollywood Movies on Facebook / Follow Hollywood Movies on Twitter

Comments

November 14, 2010 at 6:17 pm
(1) Scorpio says:

The acting was terrible, the plot was terrible. The only good things were the CGI. If a sequel happens it better have better acting.

November 15, 2010 at 3:48 am
(2) Scorpio (remake) says:

This movie was okay. The key point is to let your imagination go. This was sort of a ‘what if..’ movie. If you were in the middle of a ‘major life changing’ situation, how would you act? Sometimes the choices you make will have a good ending but sometimes it may have a bad ending. This movie has stayed with me. And I hope there is a sequel.

November 15, 2010 at 7:30 pm
(3) mike says:

i and my wife are si-fi fans and we enjoyed skyline, and can’t wait to see the sequel.

November 16, 2010 at 10:34 pm
(4) Julio Bro! says:

The only thing that will save the movie is promoting said sequel. Let people know it doesn’t end like it shows, it will continue. Then…only then, we can be satisfied for going to the theater and expect a completion sometime next year or in 2012.

November 17, 2010 at 10:56 pm
(5) CW says:

i enjoyed the movie and would like to see a sequel..

November 18, 2010 at 6:35 am
(6) TrinityFish says:

What are you talking about Julio?

“Let people know it doesnít end like it shows, it will continue.”

Without giving a spoiler, it ends during an intense moment, with a sudden abruptness that screams, “THERE IS GOING TO BE A SEQUEL!!!”

November 21, 2010 at 1:31 pm
(7) veronica says:

The acting was great and i was on the edge of my seat majority of the time, this was a great movie and i cant wait til the next one!!!

November 25, 2010 at 3:14 am
(8) kiddo says:

i think the movie was great, but people have to know that it isn’t over, if people know the movie will continue and have a second part then people wouldn’t think its bad. But overall great job. I loved the movie and hopefully the second part is better. =)

November 28, 2010 at 12:32 am
(9) Joe S says:

The movie did not explain why the aliens came to earth and why they were taking the humans. Was the movie somehow eluding to the bible, “like a thief in the night”! Too much to ponder on this movie!!!

November 29, 2010 at 6:30 am
(10) lukie says:

the movie is really good but i got to say this the end is horrible, it was unexpected i hope the next one will end better.

December 6, 2010 at 6:40 pm
(11) daniel says:

i really like it and i cant wait to see next movie.

January 2, 2011 at 3:51 am
(12) john.007143 says:

i agree with daniel comment,,i aslo wait 4 next part,,,

January 4, 2011 at 11:46 pm
(13) W says:

The movie was interesting, i can not wait for the sequel! ^_^

January 9, 2011 at 2:27 am
(14) Misty says:

This movie was pretty good. It had me wondering everything imaginable. Unlike other movies where I can pretty much predict it. I don’t like that. This was good. It was different. Yeah, I have a lot of questions. But maybe we are not suppose to know as we usually are given more detail in other movies. If aliens really did do this in real life, are we going to know why they came? No. So I hope there is a 2 and it runs off from the first. Maybe then we will get answers to the first. I am looking forward to a sequel. Then a prequel.

February 6, 2011 at 1:22 am
(15) BOYAJY says:

THE movie was awesome i think most people cant beleive if we were invaded by a alien race how do we respond to it espcially if its hostle the ending to skyline was awesome sorted what happen in district please make a sequel cant wait to see what happens next i love it peace

March 25, 2011 at 9:08 pm
(16) Alex says:

The movie was AWESOME!!!!!! It had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. WOW! I cannot wait for the sequel. The ending was aggravating, but I image well worth the wait!

I loved it! All movies like this, District 9, War of the Worlds etc.

AWESOME!!!

April 21, 2011 at 3:03 pm
(17) SalvatorePDX says:

As a fan of science fiction I have to say that I was surprised bybthis film. My biggest problem with the film was The initial decisions the characters made were completely irrational and while some may say that kind of writing is necessary to move the plot along I say that there are always other options. I won’t go into details because of spoilers.
There could have been more character development like we see in the alternate scenes on the blu-ray.
I felt the production values were outstanding. Obviously these guys know how to handle effects.
I’m interested in seeing the direction these guys go with this. It has to be completely different than anything we’ve ever seen if they continue with the female character at the end of this first film. I really want to see that. Good luck to the brothers in getting the second one made.

April 26, 2011 at 6:05 am
(18) tyeG-er-something says:

First off…holy jeasus great movie, I don’t know why everyone is bashing the acting, on a movie like this acting can be left for a sequal, I was involved the entire time I was watching and constantly thinking what’s next, I was compleatly suprised by the end, deffinently leads to a sequal, even tho irritating its the best way to leave a movie, and not only that, if there was a sequal it would be like a compleatly new chapter, there are also so many variations you can do to the first 3 days alone from others prospectives throughout the world. And the use of brains omg…juss sayin they should have a skyline vs zombies…braaains…I hope to see a sequal, no as a new fan I rightfully demand it, use all your ideas and make another movie, it would even be a good animated series, cheap and effictive, you already have the monster and a good start, acting is no longer relavent just a voiceover, anyways in conclusion, this movie was awesome, I will dump some money into anything skyline related, even games.

P.s. juss to stir the pot how many ppl think star treck is the most amazing thing ever…if you answer yess I want to know what its like being a virgin?

May 21, 2011 at 11:03 pm
(19) epyon says:

I’m a BIG scifi fan and after watching “Battle L.A.” I was very insulted with idea that the Marines are the only one’s that can defeat an alien invasion. I’m a soldier in the US Army and a combat vet. I hate movies that portray one branch of the US services as the savior over all others. I was hoping that I wouldn’t find the same ideals in “Skyline”i would like to thank the creators for not doing that. I very much enjoyed the film. I was hoping that the main character would be able to harness the alien power and transform himself into a super warrior. Overall I loved it and I pray that they make as many sequels as they can because I will watch them all. Now That’s Entertainmennnnt!!!!!

December 13, 2011 at 6:29 pm
(20) Romez says:

Loved it and the ending was awesome . Just made me want the film too keep goin so I could see alien jared kick some ass . I want sequel NOW