1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Top 10 Dragon Movies

By March 29, 2010

Really? There are 10 dragon movies worth talking about? I couldn't come up with 10 dragon films worthy of making a 'Best of' list, but guest writer Beth Accomando not only came up with one, but in the process reminded me of a few dragon movies I'd totally forgotten about. Her Top 10 Dragon Movies piece is topped by Dragonheart - and I couldn't agree with her more.

So, in honor of How to Train Your Dragon taking over the top spot at the box office, here's a look at nine other dragon movies worth checking out:
Other Interesting Top 10 Lists:
(Photo © DreamWorks Animation)

Join Hollywood Movies on Facebook / Follow Hollywood Movies on Twitter

Comments

November 2, 2010 at 11:05 pm
(1) MASON says:

George and the Dragon

A Dragons Destiny

The Reluctant Dragon

Dragon Drive

dragon hunters 2008 movie and

dragon hunters 2008 anime not like the movie,

WOW looki a whole list of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 15, 2010 at 11:28 pm
(2) Jarryd says:

Why has nobody mentioned “Eragon” in all of this? In my opinion, that’s by far one of the best dragon movies.. Who wouldn’t want a pet dragon?

November 25, 2010 at 9:24 pm
(3) Cait says:

Because Eragon was a horrible letdown although Saphira’s animation WAS the best part of the film. It just sucked. A lot.

November 26, 2010 at 7:11 pm
(4) Max says:

I’m surprised that Reign of Fire was not on the list, or the first Dragonheart, or How to Train Your Dragon. I’m sure there are more movies not on this list.

December 27, 2010 at 12:50 pm
(5) Stephen says:

I agree with Jarryd … Eragon was not even mentioned… as far as I’m concerned, Eragon and Dragonheart are the 2 best dragon movies.

January 4, 2011 at 1:54 pm
(6) Occhublu says:

Eragon and Dragonheart should not be written on the same line. lol.. Eragon is a pisshole compared to Dragonheart.
And why mention Spirited Away!? That’s not a dragon movie!
Thou shalt never forget Dragonheart on thou list!

February 12, 2011 at 7:15 am
(7) Justin Sanchez says:

Both “reign of fire” and “how to train your dragon” are on the list. It’s in the blue link that says “top ten dragon movies”, not the list posted by MASON. Although Mason did put up a good list. I’m gonna check some of those titles out.

May 19, 2011 at 11:22 pm
(8) Vinky says:

Fire and Ice is not on the list..

May 20, 2011 at 12:03 am
(9) Icarus says:

Reign of Fire is on the list and so is Dragonheart (well…the sequel anyway) and Fire and Ice. How to train your Dragon should have been therea and the list could probably be updated with the Hobbit…when the film is completed. Good morning to ya all :)

January 15, 2012 at 7:12 am
(10) Rosey says:

So Eragon well let me say this, Eragon the book was far greater a story than the movie ever could be. The movie was a very distorted version of the book I look at it as an insult to the book. That is why I am happy it did not make the list. If you do not know what I mean read the book then watch the movie and then tell me which is better if you say the movie you are either lieing or you did not read the book.

January 16, 2012 at 6:46 pm
(11) Dan says:

Why is princess mononoke on this list? theres definately no dragons there. And Haku was a river spirit not a dragon

January 16, 2012 at 6:53 pm
(12) Rebecca says:

Princess Mononoke is not on the list. This is the list: Top 10 Dragon Movies. The list above by Mason is not the list written by About.com.

January 30, 2012 at 11:59 pm
(13) tym says:

i fell asleep in the cinema watching Eragon. it was to boring and the acting is the worst by far.
I like. dragon wars

February 27, 2012 at 7:37 am
(14) someone says:

me like spirited away,for people’s information, in japan, water/river/sea spirits are dragons so haku/kohaku is considered as a dragon, and im not sure about princess mononoke being in the list… but ill just let it be

June 18, 2012 at 2:18 pm
(15) Gasher says:

Everybody who thinks Eragon is the worst movie ever made is totally right. I watched it first and thougt, “ok, this movie wasn’t that bad…” Then I read the books and wow did the movie disapoint me after that! Worst movie ever made, it totally killed the book. They leave out all the important which is crucial to the continuing story!!!

August 28, 2012 at 6:42 am
(16) Jorg says:

One more movie of dragon

“HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON”

September 17, 2012 at 3:03 pm
(17) Aleci says:

Well I know it is not a movie but good animation of dragons can be found els where, like in the bbc of merlin. Well Eragon is a fine movie and before you say because of the book it is not, let me say one thing you should never compare a film to a book it is two diffrent things.

I know I liked the book better two, but honestly I would have liked to see more to the Brom and saphira character from Eragon. I really enjoyed Brom he also played well in the one called Dragon heart. but I know every thing els about Eragon the movie where prety much crappy.
I would still like to se a reproduction of the movie with the two characters that I mentioned though. So we could get a movie that follows the book enough to get a movie for each book.

November 16, 2012 at 11:49 pm
(18) Vijay says:

Please metion eragon movie thats best dargon movie ever i saw